Caring for a loved one can be a rewarding but also demanding experience. From time to time, we all need a break and a change of environment to re-charge our batteries and take care of ourselves. Respite care offers family carers a temporary break from looking after a loved one, whilst feeling secure in the knowledge that the person with dementia or other care needs will continue to receive first-class care in a safe and supportive environment. Regular use of our respite services will support your own health and wellbeing while providing excellent care for your loved one.
At Chelsea Court Place, we offer two types of respite care:-
Day Care - period of care offering through the day. For more information please visit The Loveday Club.
Short Term Care – a short term stay normally a week or so.
Using Respite Care
We fully understand that caring for a loved one is demanding, so it's perfectly normal to feel like you need a break from time to time. Seeking help should not make you feel guilty. You are simply taking some essential time out for you, which will help you to stay healthy and continue to provide the best possible care for the person you love. It's also important to remember that respite services will benefit your loved one, giving them the opportunity to enjoy a change of scenery and a stimulating, safe environment where they can build new relationships.
Respite care can offer you:
- The chance to spend quality time with other friends and family members, or to just relax
- Time to take care of errands such as shopping, exercising, getting a haircut or going to the doctor
- Comfort and peace of mind, knowing that your loved one is spending time with our supportive, caring team of experts
Respite care services can give the person with dementia an opportunity to:
- Interact with others in a similar situation
- Spend time in a safe, supportive environment
- Participate in activities designed to match their personal abilities and needs
For more information on our respite care options, please contact a member of our experienced team, who will be happy to discuss your individual requirements.
Request a brochure